Monday, May 9, 2011

Macaroni Salad Yo

I found a really good Macaroni Salad recipe a few years back and rediscovered how much I like it over the weekend. 

It's light, and yummy and a perfect side for your next BBQ.

DSC_4706
My noisy little helper.

Macaroni Salad
(From Martha Stewart)

1 pound (16oz) Elbow Macaroni
2 red bell peppers (cored, seeded, diced)
1 orange bell pepper (cored, seeded, diced)
1 English cucumber (peeled, diced)
1/3 cup chives (snipped)
1 1/2 cups good quality mayo
Juice from 1 lemon
Salt and Pepper


 Cook pasta until al dente (about 6 minutes).
Drain and run under cold water.
Transfer to a large bowl.
DSC_4718

Heat up cooking spray (if you want the truth, I used Olive Oil) into a small frying pan, add red peppers and cook until they are soft and the skins are blackened. 
Remove from pan and wrap in a paper towel and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Add to pasta.
DSC_4714

Add orange pepper, cucumber, chives, mayo, lemon juice, Salt and Pepa, er I mean pepper.

DSC_4715
Mike asked if I meant to make the Irish flag.
Ummmm, sure did!

(BTW I used regular ol' cucumber.)

Toss to combine.
DSC_4831

Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.

DSC_4709

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Loosy said...

Can you please post a recipe every day so I have somthing to cook every night. Pretty much whatever you're making for dinner, I want to make for dinner. I'll pay you.

Chad said...

Is Colin wearing "Hammer" pants????

Jordan K. Foster said...

Hammer don't hurt'em!!! I thought I told you homeboy.... can't touch this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...