Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best Weekend Ever

We did Mother's Day up right around these parts. 

 I was actually lucky and enjoyed three full days of Mother's Day fun.

It started off Friday afternoon with Mike handing his card over and sending me on my merry way to pick out hanging baskets.  It has always been sort of a tradition that I get 2 hanging baskets for Mother's Day.  I love them.  I love them so much I want to marry them.  They last all summer long and get HUGE and they make me happy.
DSC_4683

Whenever flowers fall off, Michael grabs them and hands them to me.
"Here mom, Happy Mother's Day."

DSC_4703

Michael came downstairs on Saturday morning and the first thing he asked was, "Is Mimi coming over today?" 

She wasn't, so he asked if he could visit them.

Nooooo problemo.
Saturday_with_Michael_May_11_001

He ended up going for a walk with Mimi and Pa to Starbucks.

Saturday_with_Michael_May_11_003

At the moment, Michael has an unhealthy addiction to cinnamon swirl coffee cake.

Saturday_with_Michael_May_11_004

Every walk ends with a run (or a roll) down this hill.

Saturday_with_Michael_May_11_006

And no, he did not go to be early that night.
Saturday_with_Michael_May_11_007

While my parents were entertaining our Little Masterpiece, we headed back to the nursery to get flowers for my pots.  I love the nursery.  I think I inherited that trait from my dad.

Saturday_with_Michael_May_11_008

It's fun watching the flowers get huge over the summer.

DSC_4727

Tried to get a picture of Colin in front of the pots for one of those, "Look how much they all grew over the summer" sort of pictures.

It was a no go.

DSC_4728

On Mother's Day I got to sleep in until 7:00 (yay!).
No, seriously it was a treat.  Colin has been waking up at 5:00 every morning for about 2 weeks.

DSC_4690
My special present from Michael.


 
Mike and I relaxed and got ready for company while this one played outside....
DSC_4747

DSC_4750

and this one played inside.
DSC_4756
Rings are his new fave.

We had my family over for a BBQ.

DSC_4786

Happy Mother's Day to my most favorite mom ever.
DSC_4793

It wouldn't have been a party without making Olen uncomfortable by taking an obnoxious amount of pictures of him.
DSC_4791

Mike's burgers were yummy.

DSC_4804

Working off some calories before dessert.

DSC_4809

DSC_4811

Michael's fountain is up and running.
DSC_4799

Pa gave Colin his first Rice Crispy Treat.

Don't tell Mike. 
 He is still getting over the time Pa gave Michael ice cream when he was 4 months old.  He thought it was okay because it was a milk product.
True Story.
DSC_4816

Um, I said to act natural.
DSC_4824

Angel food cake with chocolate frosting made from scratch.
Compliments of Justine.
Yum.
DSC_4826

Looks like someone was trying to sneak a piece (notice his sleeve?).

DSC_4823

Thank you Mike for making this such a special weekend.

I think I like Mother's Day more than my birthday.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mama's out there.

3 comments:

mom said...

Thanks to you and Mike for the great Mother's Day.

love Mom

Jess said...

happy that you had a great weekend.
we'll be over soon to break the fountain again.

Jordan K. Foster said...

Happy Mother's Day. FYI just so you know, I do everything up-right... cause I'm not a Neanderthal. And, is that George Clooney with the wonderful product placement of Diet Coke?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...