Sunday, March 4, 2012

What time is it?

Its garden time!!!

All four of us headed out to get the raised beds in order before we start planting.
DSC_1189.jpg
There were lots of weeds to contend with.
DSC_1191.jpg
Once we got those out, we added compost and loosened up the soil.
DSC_1201.jpg
We were excited to find some pretty big earth worms moving about our beds.
As Michael put it, "Hopefully they have been pooping a lot in there."
DSC_1200.jpg
Ah, it felt so good to be outside today.
DSC_1199.jpg
DSC_1195.jpg
Looking forward to buying some new seeds and getting them in the ground tomorrow!
Anyone else out there doing a vegetable garden this year?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to. It's my goal this spring but I already feel like I'm behind the eight ball. I'll def call for some guidance.

Sarah said...

You aren't too late! I started my first bed in June right after Colin was born. I just used starts from the nursery! The only think I am going to put in right now are sugar snap peas and maybe lettuce. P.S. tried calling you a couple of times last week but you were in staffing meetings:)

Liz said...

We bought two cattle troughs to do beds in this year. Please post as you go, so I can follow your lead. I know nothing. Please advise. Fun, can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...