Monday, March 5, 2012

Let's talk shop.

I always get a bit over stimulated when the ground starts to thaw enough to start planting the cool weather crops (and bring out the garden lingo).

Our favorite vegetables last year were peas and lettuce, so I am going to plant even more this time around.  I have never had luck with tomatoes and carrots so I think I am going to leave them out.

Have you picked up the new Farmer's Almanac?  A friend from work gave this to me today (yay!).  It tells you exactly what to plant each month.

Colin and I swung by our favorite garden store today.  We picked up the sugar snap peas that we used last year and we are going to try this new lettuce blend and these shelling peas.  Michael has some bush peas he has been holding on to that he is going to plant in his garden.

Michael and I snuck outside tonight when Mike was running an errand with Colin and planted the sugar snap peas.

Mike is going to build another trellis for the shelling peas and as soon as it's up we will get those in the ground!

*According to the folks at Garden Sphere, this is the time you can plant peas, lettuce, chard, and spinach directly into the ground... Happy Planting!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks Sarah - I'd better get some dirt in those bins then!

Loosy said...

Can you be my master gardner please?
I'm serious.

Chaz said...

Nice work on your nails...L-O-V-E that color

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...