Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cranberry Sauce

HIP_312337927.921660

As many of you know, my dad and I have a tradition of shopping for the Thanksgiving meal and then prepping the night before the big day.  One of my jobs is always the cranberry sauce.  I thought I would share the recipe since its fresh, easy and delicious (if I must say so myself).

Cranberry Sauce
Adapted from a Williams and Sonoma recipe

2 bags of fresh cranberries
2/3 cup of granulated sugar
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

Wash cranberries and place in a sauce pan.  Add sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and cinnamon and simmer on the stove over high heat until mixture in completely smooth (about 10 minutes).  Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.  Let cool and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

That looks so good! I love the recipes and step by step food posts you've been doing. :) Happy Thanksgiving Welch Family!

Sarah said...

Thanks Lisa! I have some favorite recipes that I'm planning on sharing here and there on the blog:) Hope you and Jordan have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...