Friday, May 18, 2012

Garden/Child Update A.K.A. Work Hard/Play Hard

Our afternoons have been busy working in the garden and worm hunting. I'm being serious. Everyday when Michael gets home from school we find a spot in the back yard and dig for worms. The most coveted are the juicy ones, but the long skinny ones aren't so bad either. DSC_1546.jpg Our garden mid May.
 Both of the boys have taken a strong interest in planting seeds, pulling weeds and watering. I am pretty impressed with the fact that Colin, A.K.A. The Destroyer has been so gentle with the plants. DSC_1551.jpg Some current highlights... Chives. DSC_1558.jpg Lettuce. DSC_1559.jpgHoly strawberry patch!. These are from 6 little plants people. DSC_1562.jpg We are very excited for them to ripen and if my memory serves me correctly, so are the local chipmunks. DSC_1570.jpg Sugar Snap Peas, our favorite. DSC_1569.jpg
Shelling Peas. DSC_1571.jpg And last but not least we added a rock garden.  Feel free to take a look around.  Here you will find pumpkins, zucchini, squash and corn. DSC_1529.jpg Now to the "Play Hard" part. There's nothing like a quick dip in the pool after a long day of working the hoe. DSC_1538.jpg The, er garden hoe. DSC_1543.jpg That's right. Just slip right in and relax those muscles while I go get reacquainted with my old friend Kendall.DSC_1536.jpg

3 comments:

Lib Stewart said...

Your garden looks great!

Loosy said...

FINALLY! That's what I'm talking about. Please keep the posts coming. Don't make me send you a threatening email again.

Oh, and your post is making me crave all things healthy. Seriously, Sarah Master Gardner Welch.

Liz said...

The garden looks absolutely great Sarah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...