Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We survived...

our first trip with a 13 month old in a 12x12 cell, I mean hotel room. 

DSC_6631

OK, I'm exaggerating.  We stayed in a very nice hotel room complements of my generous employer. 

DSC_6633

I had to attend a 3 day training in Portland this week and since I'm still nursing  (let me give you a minute to pick your jaw off the ground) I brought my Manny (a.k.a. Mike) and the little dairy lover himself (Colin) along for the ride.
DSC_6632

Let's just say I will never look at Portland the same way again.
DSC_6634

Colin decided that this trip was the perfect time to test out his vocal cords in the form of screaming.
He also decided that hotel room floors are gross, so he would rather jump on the bed (while screaming) or sit here by the window to contemplate life.
DSC_6638

We had a very nice view of the city.


And lots of things to play with.





My Manny needed to get out, so Colin got to spend a lot of time on the streets of Portland.
I was in class all day, so I missed out on the fun walks and window shopping.
Boo.

The first night there we went to one of our favorite little restaurants in the Pearl District.  We quickly realized that they didn't appreciate Colin experimenting with the volume of his voice.

So we went in a different direction the next night.


He was a hit there.  Seriously.  People were eating his antics up with a spoon.

Peace out Portland.

It's been real.

5 comments:

Heidi Bruch said...

I think it is awesome you are still nursing. Wish I could have gone longer. Made it to one with Hayds. Nice romantic trip, huh?!;)

NickandKatieAdams said...

Lovely photos! I'm impressed that you got Mike to take pictures while you were in class. Play date soon? Maybe even Saturday while the dudes play golf?

Kari said...

Great pictures (as always!!!!) :) I look forward to hearing about your trip. We should do a play day before school starts back up.

Jordan K. Foster said...

Is it strange that I just stood outside of Buffalo Wild Wings watching you guys, refusing to come in and say hello?

Chaz said...

Cyclops and Shrek were riding Seg-ways...seriously

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...