Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mike's Fish Tacos

Remember when Mike left me for 5 days to bring home the bacon, er I mean fish?
Well we have basically had fish every night since he pulled into port.
No joke.
Tonight he brought out the big guns, other wise known as Rock Fish and whipped up some pretty mean fish tacos.
DSC_6282

Here's the dealio.  Mike is trying to be "all modest" about his tacos.  He's claiming that he needs to add some more spice to the fish but I'm not buying it. 
 They were delish. For reals.

 Here are the "ingredientses" (Channeling Teresa Giudice)

Fish Tacos-
1 lb of white fish (rock fish, halibut, mahi mahi)
2 cups of flour
4 eggs
2-3 cups of Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
Salt and Pepper

Fill a frying pan with Canola oil and place on medium heat.

Cut fish into small pieces.

Set up a breading station with 3 separate bowls filled with flour, eggs (beaten), and Panko. 

Coat each piece of fish with flour, dip it in the egg mixture and finish by coating with Panko.  Season lightly with salt and pepper. (I initially seasoned "lightly" but then Mike asked me if  I was seasoning for ants, so I added more. Just do what feels right).

When the oil is hot start placing the fish in the frying pan. 
Cook until brown.

DSC_6275

Serve on a corn tortilla with shredded cabbage and fish taco sauce.

Oh, you want the taco sauce recipe?  I thought you would never ask.

Taco Sauce (adapted from this)-

1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 lime
1 jalapeno pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp chipotle chili pepper powder
1 tsp fresh dill
1 tsp fresh oragono
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro

Whisk together sour cream and mayo.  Squeeze the juice from half of a lime into the mixture.  Add seeded and minced jalapeno pepper, cumin, coriander, chili powder, dill, oragono and cilantro.  Mix and place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.

DSC_6276

Happy Cooking!
DSC_6269

(And eating.)

3 comments:

Jess said...

those look awesome. nicely done mike.

Heidi Bruch said...

Those look fab and fit right in with our weekly Thursday taco night. Whats. The secret to pan frying without getting them too greasy? I am always so scared to pan fry...to fry in general. Yum-o

Sarah said...

Hmmmm, not sure if I know the secret, but they wern't greasy at all! Maybe it's the Panko??? Frying scares me too. We NEVER fry, but now that I know Mike knows what he is doing, I'm going to make him fry more often:)
Make them, they are yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...