Thursday, February 3, 2011

White Bean and Chicken Chili

Picture 1338

OK.  So this is my go to recipe when we are having a get together.  It is easy to make and a huge crowd pleaser.  Every time I make it I always get a request for the recipe.  Many of you already have it but I just got a funny text from someone today who misplaced it and needed it again.  I originally got this recipe from a playgroup friend who got it from someone in Arizona so I'm not sure where it originated.

White Bean and Chicken Chili

4 cans of S&W lightly seasoned white beans (Include the liquids)
1 16oz jar of Pace Picante Sauce (Medium)
4 oz shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
3-4 chicken breasts boiled and shredded (Use a Rotisserie to save time)
1 tsp. Cumin

Add all of the ingredients to a crock pot and cook on HIGH for 5 hours.

Serve with sour cream and Frito's.

* It is important to use the specific ingredients that I listed above or the recipe won't turn out.  I once heard of someone using Trader Joe's salsa and it was a disaster.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Yay for the chicken chili. We made it already...and it was great. I definitely took the easy road and bought a roasted chicken. :)

Sarah said...

Yea! I'm glad you guys liked it enough to try it at home! It's one if our staples around here! We like it even better warmed up too:)
I'm going to have to steal some recipes from you guys. First thing- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies.... My mouth is already watering!

NickandKatieAdams said...

Sarah, my father in law made this for dinner after seeing it on the sidebar from Max's blog. I thought that was funny

Sarah said...

That is pretty funny. Did he like it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...